Tips/Suggestions to Reduce Internet Lag and Improve PING

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #1

I have spent many hours and have tried many ideas to reduce my PING for Stick Arena, but nothing seems to be working.

I have currently tried…
Ethernet connection
Restarting my router
Cleaning junk files
Updating my PC
Removing unused apps / programs
Cleaning cookies & cache

If you have any ideas that aren’t listed above, please post below.

What are the specs are your computer? Use CPU-Z and post your info here, RAM, Video Card, etc,.,

(Luis) #3

Is your flash player up to date? Next time please post this in the stick arena section.

(Nick) #5

I’ve been dealing with lag issues a lot during my SA playing time so I’ll give you some general tips here…

1. Be sure to check your ping by making a private game for yourself in your server (depending if you’re American or Overseas) and try to shake your stickman up and down or left and right, if your ping reaches around 40ms you’re good ping-wise.

2. If you’re having cursor lag issues, there isn’t much help i can give you on this one…
    Other than buying a new windows laptop you can try to play on Stick Arena clients (EAC) that have a built-in desktop cursor.

3. (For Windows 7/Vista users only) - If you think your Laptop/PC is good enough but you still experience some type of performance issues (slow cursor etc.) Try this: Right Click on your Computer/ Select Properties / Select Advanced System Settings/ Click On The Advanced Tab/ Under The “Performance” Chart select Settings/ Click On Adjust For Best Performance. I think that should help.

4. If your Internet is lagging or you’re experiencing some types of Lag Spikes make sure you’re on a ethernet cable before doing anything.
    If it’s still the same, try to check if you have anything downloading like torrents or updates.
    Still doesn’t work? Contact your internet Service Provider, Your router may be outdated.

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #6

I am connected to ethernet. I’m just having in-game lag, nothing wrong with my cursor.

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #7

What if I tried hooking up my previous router in place of the standard At&t router? What do you guys think about that?

(OOF) #8

Have you tried using eac?

(Nick) #9

Well considering you need a response from the provider I don’t think it’s a smart idea.

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #10

I do use EAC. I recently tried dimensions and it was worse

(RaS) #11

Yeah right, hop back on that CE. GG ez

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #12

I don’t need CE I have 5/5 aim regardless

(Emir) #13

Yeah bro, I think you need new and better internet or a better computer since you tried everything already.

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #14

I’m thinking the router is the issue since I’m connected to Ethernet

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #16

Stickmans spike and shots don’t register. Cursor is working as it should

(Dom😈😈😈💨) #18

You can end this now if you still want to

(Luis) #19