Stick Arena Ranks

I don’t think old ranks should be given back because so many of those stats were alted. Now, alting is against the rules (getting caught alting gets all your accounts reset now). So no, these ranks shouldn’t be given back. But there still needs to be a cumulative leaderboard…

(Ajay) #8

Is it really different now, though? Alting let players get the max kills fast (60). Urinal lets other plays get the max kills (40 now) fast aswell. Did you notice that pretty much all the high ranks are urinalers? I don’t see much of a difference between the previous leaders and the current ones.

(Metrø ßoomin) #9

im just sayin that nobody even plays competitive on the LB lmao like they all urinal TOGETHER. It drove away everyone else because nobody saw a point in competing against dudes who only help eachother

There would be a difference, if not for the maximum number of kills per round being maxed out at 40. Back when the maximum was 60, urinal actually had skill involved. Now, everyone just stops once they get 40 kills and lets everyone else get to 40. So no, it isn’t really that different. But if the max kpr was restored back to 60, it would be…

(Lexus(17)) #11

Actually you are right back when the maxinium kills was 60 urinal map had more skill involed. On the other hand limit 40 kills is more fair to players who play a lot of the pit, brawlers burrow and other melee maps(even other small maps like storage yard and storm drain). Honestly i believe that limit 40 kills is probably the best possible solution at the moment. The one compromise could be bring back 60 kills and possibly outlaw classic urinal (1 tie) on the rules with competitive season 1 taking into account some bigger urinal maps for people who like to play these maps.
For example: Hmk Slot 1

Codfish Slot 4

Ford Slot 4

Nauj15 Slot 2

Jennyhardstyle19 Slot2

Ljarn Slot 2

Anyway, i think the idea isn’t realistic. It means a lot of work for Admins and Moderation Team.
Current kills limit is really ok, but from my point of view it isn’t worth to change.

I called it a part of community and i still think that i was right. Bringing back the rank won’t change nothing. Actually if it happened i personally wouldnn’t cry for this reason. Anyway, we need people who will able to play at least a couple times in the week. If even some players bring back after recover their old ranks. Don’t think they will stay long time in SA. No offense just my personal opinion.

I think that it’s really different now. All stats are more fair right now. In the past there were players with for example 40000 and 0 death. Nowadays it’s impossible to achieve stats like this. Alting was always controverisal thing.For me much more controversial than urinal. Because of in urinal map you play with people not other your accounts. I personally have nothing against alting. Actually i believe that old rules wasn’t bad, but abused the rule, so a change was necessary. I have a lot of respect to all people who achieved their ranks int he past fair play. (Doesn’t matter alting or not), but i’ll never have respect for people who even didn’t use their mouse for get some high ranks. ( i mean anti/dc jitbit etc) For me it’s nothings more than fake high rank. Doesn’t matter how good who is in 1v1 etc.

You are right, but i think that’s why because of urinalers are just the busiest group of players. BTW every of us play a lot in other maps either. Our average kills per round even isn’t too high
image image
image image

We don’t choose players to urinal map every person can play if just he want. Ranks and competive season are just part of game based on activity If you want to competing just try to play the most rounds as possible. It’s just a way to achieve high rank or good place in competitive season. If you don’t like urinal you can play other maps for get your kills. There were a lot of people in the past who did over 2000 kills in 1 day without play urinal map.

(MindEracer) #12

Maps need to have limits (don’t exist) and maximums (that do exist) urinal maps should be taken away. At least Pit and other meelee maps develop skills that require gun game play. It is unfair to others. This game will never come back to life. And the fact that people are still obsessed with being number 1 when nobody plays the game right now is completely stupid. Map creation should have limits… spawn limits, size limits and weapon limits.That’s the better solution. Do it or don’t but being number one in a dead game is dumb and nobody will play because of these people. I sign on regularly hoping to play and all anybody wants to do is “uri”… ??? Get it together man.Number one should be the best player. Not the cheating player who has the most time on their hands.

(Lexus(17)) #13

Ranks and Competitive seasons are based on activity. Stick Arena ranks exist since November 2005. If you want to change you will need update whole game much wider range than Ballistick or Dimensions. Anyway, if will happened some people can be disappointed, because it won’t the same SA. It’s nothing wrong that some people are motivated to get number one. It improves our activity. Competitive seasons are just one part of this game. You can win some lab pass days/cred and spinners during playdays/tournament and some map contest events. We want to promote values like determination, patience and involvement.It’s very important for us, so the people play as long as they can. Especially, these are difficult times for SA right now. Competitive seasons is a chance for active people to get a consolation prize. What’s point to play tournaments if “number one was the best player”? If we create another leaderboard based on tournament points it would be sense. I think as long as SA ranks will exist we should keep current seasonal leaderboard system. It give a chance to get some cred for people who play SA couple days in 2 months. In the past most people needed above 1 year to get leaderboard. Nowadays ,you need a few hours.

Well, SA never will never be “fair” to all people. Especially these are limits people in 1 map 4/6 without lab pass and 6/6 with lab pass. it’s natural that some people will have to wait a few minutes to join a game, because of these are usually 2 or 3 active maps.

We are aware current SA activity. There are people who still play this game. We can’t expect it will 80 people in lobby like in 2009. These are plenty other games and SA community is based on
experienced people, who has a life. Is it wrong that some people still have goals in Stick Arena? We should to enjoy, not worry about it.

Urinal maps actually were taken away in 1 competitive season and most players weren’t happy for this reason. It it will happened again i am pretty sure you’ll see in top 10 same people, because competitive seasons are based on activity and most urinal players spend more time in game compare to other groups of players and they know how to grind kills.

(Shane) #14

I dont play Stick Arena anymore, moved on to other games and enjoying IRL things, since today’s playerbase is older and the game is not going to attract people who have “better games to play”.

At this point, just let people play the way they want to play. If you want a 2v2 or 1v1 or a decent FFA, go on the Discord and ask people. I’m not going to argue with anyone, I’ve played this game long enough to know that its not going to go back to the way it was 06-09. There have been many “resurrections” and “revivals” for SA. Hell, I even tried when I was a mod. Best advice that someone gave me when I was King Toad was…

Just enjoy what you have until its gone.

The day will come when the playerbase will eventually come down to people who dont even “uri” but to people who “just want to find a game”. In my last moments playing SA, I was at the top of the leaderboard, got rank 8 in 4 days and I had a lot of “aimers” who urinaled with me to get top 10. Just do what your friends do, and HAVE FUN.

(MindEracer) #15

Lexus… The solution is that simple. I’ve played this game for many years when it first started and it was hot. Updating it to prevent people of “alting” is the best solution. Giving people a fair shot to be number one at all cost is the better route than letting people cheat their way to the top. This is all being done wrong and I personally do not care what you think. This game is dead because people are able to boot others to easily (there goes new players from skilled lobbies)… and the boosters that you seem to be siding with. THe rank is doo-doo without the skill to back it up. If number 1-10 plays like crap… why be that rank??

(Schallmeister) #16

Allowing urinal to be played is the reason the max kills per game went from 60 to 40.

Let’s take a gander at this leaderboard:

http://www.xgenstudios.com/stickarena/highscore/?date=all

We’ll use Codfish as an example here. If the max kills per game was still 60, adding up his total rounds played (wins + losses) we’re looking at 4546 games. Now taking that 4546 total rounds played and multiply it by the 20 kills per game he’s not getting, you’re looking at 90,920 kills shaved off - that’s halfway through rank 12 in itself. If the max kills per game wasn’t lowered by 20, Codfish would have roughly 216,934 kills as of now; well over rank 15.

We had a debate over this several months ago and urinal was ‘banned’ for a short while, until we came up with this 40 max kills per game rule. As usual we can’t please everyone, so we tried to kind of meet in the middle on this.

(circa 2005, 2018 - 2019) #17

It would be interesting if we had separate leader boards for stats gathered in custom maps and those from classic maps. But, I assume the game doesn’t keep track of which type of map stats are earned in.

(ruben) #18

So in your post from three days ago you said: ‘‘This game will never come back to life, the fact that people are still obsessed with being number 1 when nobody plays the game right now is completely stupid’’ and now you want there to be some sort of justice where only a certain type of player is allowed to be number one?

Even when you remove urinal, just like Lexus said, you will still see the same people on top of the leaderboard because they are active. They like to get kills and if it weren’t for urinal it would be on other hammer maps. Who are you to say that’s unfair and cheating?

A rank means NOTHING other than the amount of kills. The rank is not a rating system and therefore not an indicator of skill whatsoever.

I agree with a lot that Eminence said. This game has come to a certain point where only a select group of players still play it. I think everyone has their own reason, but for a lot of people that reason is because familiar people/friends still play the game as well. If they can play and talk with those people on a urinal map, aim map or even a maze map who cares what map it is and how many kills they get?

Please, just let people enjoy whatever they like about the game. If you really don’t understand the obsession behind getting a number one spot, do you really have to make a big deal out of it? As you said, the game is dead and I think those who still enjoy coming online and playing it should be able to do that thing they enjoy. (within reason) - wether that’s getting a rank or a spot on the leaderboard or playing 2v2s.

Whenever I play urinal matches (which isn’t very often; I’m not very active on this game anymore), there is quite a bit of conversation going on while we’re getting the kills. It’s more like we’re just friends hanging out. This is good evidence to support the posts above me :slight_smile:

(Metrø ßoomin) #20

Remove urinal again and make these kids earn their kills with skill and effort.

(Metrø ßoomin) #21

Also if you want to “hang out” theres a lobby for that. There is no excuse for players to help eachother reach 40 kills a game and then sit there talking for two minutes. There is zero effort in the kills they earn. #makethekidsplay

(Lexus(17)) #22

I respect your opinion, but i don’t agree. During first competitive season 1 urinal’s outlawed, because of stats were resetting, and we needed change the rules (take into consideration ). Then (during season 2) we decided bring urinal maps back and decreased limit of kills to 40.
It’s contentious issue, and it’s not like we finished this topic. We discussed almost 4 months on discord mod chat/mod forums about it. Actually you can say current SA rules exist since April 2018.
We’ve confirmation stats won’t reset anymore from now on. Honestly, your posts nothings gonna change. Everything you do it’s criticizing people. If it really depended on that write new post and ask yourself, why urinal maps should be removed? ( maybe someone will support you.) In this way we will be able to start new discussion.

What’s wrong with support other players and let them get 40 kills in urinal game? It’s nothing wrong talking with friends is very important part of the game. I agree with you classic urinal map (1tie) is less skill allowed right now. However SA ranks/ competitive season aren’t part of game based on only on skills. Although in my opinion players with better skill have it easier to achieve better results. Before the reset it’s 60 kills limit, and sometimes difference beetween 1st and 6th was 40 kills. Don’t forget bigger urinal maps are skill allowed.

We changed tournament points system to that was more equitable, so as to make any
disproportion beetween competitive seasons and tournaments prizes. We are working also for new competitions during playdays.

(Metrø ßoomin) #24

What map besides hammer and urinal maps actually earn you 40 kills a game? I dont remember the last time i saw someone reach 40 kills in a pit game :joy: its unfair to players who dont have labpass and cant just go out and buy one. At least keep it competitive. Also that last argument you just made is literally garbage. You mean to tell me that players should just sit there for 2 whole minutes too socialize while players who have to pit have to play all 5 minutes and rarely reach 30 kills, is fair? Lmao this is why the game died.

(The Mad Titan King) #25

Stick Arena is an open-ended game with little structure. There’s no rules on how to play the game. Just a map, stick dudes spawning on the map, and stick dudes killing each other with whatever weapons are available for five minutes. This is the essence of Stick Arena; Stick Arena can be fun for different reasons to different people, but it’s still the same game that we all enjoy playing.

Naturally, since one of the only incentives of the game is “kills”, someone is going to find the best way to get the most amount of kills possible. And naturally, it is a 1 tile map with an infinitely spawning hammer, which came to be called “Urinal”. Even before the stats reset and Leaderboard system implementation, there was a significant group of players who found this “Urinal” to be the greatest selling point of Stick Arena; it gave lots of kills, high ranks, and some camaraderie. Not everyone agrees with this approach to the game, but it is still a valid approach that you cannot unilaterally claim should be invalidated. There’s no “correct” way to play Stick Arena, and it would be a mistake to limit what users can do on a game that works best when it is open-ended for all players.

Now, the only reason we are having this conversation in the first place is the Leaderboard system. Without the Leaderboard system, none of this would matter, and Urinalers would be left in peace. But now that there is an actual LP + Cred (+ spinner) reward for kills, it suddenly matters to some people how the kills are being obtained.

But is Urinal really a problem in being a somewhat broken strategy to getting on the Leaderboard? Not really. If anything, think about the Leaderboard as just an added bonus to what we had before. If you manage to get enough kills to be on the Leaderboard, great, here’s some cred and maybe some LP for you! If you’re really concerned with being on the Leaderboard, if you average ~100 kills a day (which is very easy to do in less than 1 hour without urinal), you will have ~6,000 kills and probably comfortably place top 20, good for 6500 cred and 2 day LP. If you don’t like having to grind to be on the Leaderboard… then just don’t, and leave it to people that do. And to the point about Urinal being unfair for people without Lab Pass, well Lab Pass is the game’s main mechanism of making money. The Leaderboard therefore actually works in incentivizing players to get Lab Pass, should they recognize that LP is a useful tool for getting on the leaderboard. The game should cater to people who get Lab Pass; I think that’s how these things are supposed to work.

And to top it all off, tournaments are still running in order to cater to us players who take the competitive approach to the game. Some quick math tells me that getting first at all 4 tournaments in 2 months will get you 20,000 cred and 40 day LP and 48 Tournament Points, which is comparable to the 15,000 cred and 30 day LP and spinner you get for placing 1st in a 2 month season. So there’s definitely still significant incentive for continuing to hone your competitive skills. I do wish the prizes were a little higher for tournaments since they only happen every 2 weeks, but it’s not bad as is.

Anyway, to summarize:

1. Urinal is not the problem; the Leaderboard system is only making it seem like one.
  2. Just think of the Leaderboard system as a bonus.

Just play SA man, and if you don’t like it, then stop playing. That’s what I do.

(Metrø ßoomin) #26

If it was open ended like you said, labpass maps like urinal wouldnt require premium subscriptions. Stop defending it…

VIP’s are unlimited. And since it becomes easier to get to 40 kills with more players, the ones with the LP are usually very generous with their VIP’s :slight_smile: