Stick Arena Ranks

I was wondering since the admissions stopped with resetting our ranks every month for a prize, if we can maybe have our ranks back that we had before. This could maybe bring a-lot of players back and people might be more active to the game. Before our ranks were reset Scott saved all of our info - http://www.xgenstudios.com/stickarena/highscore/index.php?date=2017-08-31 - @Jordan @David @Scott @Kaelyn @Schallmeister

That really depends if they saved a copy of the database on that date and not just the high-score ones.

(Lexus.) #3

Actually don’t think the game will more active if our ranks back that we had before.
i believe some people who achieved larger ranks right now than before reset will dissatisfied.
People like : Mint56, Grasp85, Demoniczodiac, Jennyhardstyle19 and RealSimon are important part of SA community and one of most active players at the moment. Sometimes you don’t truly appreciate what you have until it’s gone. Im not sure that they will want to stay if they lost their ranks. It’s impossible to bring old ranks and keep new ranks at the same time. There are still a lot of players with old “leaderboard” who wants at least visit SA from time to time. We can’t be sure these players will want back to SA for long time. Tournaments, Playdays, Competitive seasons and Map Contest events give a chance for bring more players back at least for a while. That’s enough. No one expect miracles. Most people who were important part of SA community have their own responsibilities. (school/work/wife/husband/children etc) they don’t have time to play every day. BTW these are a lot of other games. I think we should care about people who wants still play our game. We shouldn’t to complicate their situation. Ranks aren’t more resetting, so it’s chance to keep at least our little ranks :smiley: or might be get some high ranks. Reset wasn’t just a reason why many players left SA… It was just attempt to save Stick Arena. I personally think whole SA community should know about reset before it happened. It wasn’t fair to people like Edd and Nonstopf who wasn’t be able to achieve rank 15, although they both deserved for their Stick Arena career.

(JS, circa 2005) #4

Combining all stats would be the best option if it were even possible.

(SA Air) #5

he named like 5 players & called it a community… if you wanna hold onto ur 5 man “community” go ahead. but bringing back the ranks would make me wanna hop on more. lmao the reset was poorly executed anyways

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #7

I don’t think old ranks should be given back because so many of those stats were alted. Now, alting is against the rules (getting caught alting gets all your accounts reset now). So no, these ranks shouldn’t be given back. But there still needs to be a cumulative leaderboard…

(Ajay) #8

Is it really different now, though? Alting let players get the max kills fast (60). Urinal lets other plays get the max kills (40 now) fast aswell. Did you notice that pretty much all the high ranks are urinalers? I don’t see much of a difference between the previous leaders and the current ones.

(SA Air) #9

im just sayin that nobody even plays competitive on the LB lmao like they all urinal TOGETHER. It drove away everyone else because nobody saw a point in competing against dudes who only help eachother

(,.x.school3r.x.,) #10

There would be a difference, if not for the maximum number of kills per round being maxed out at 40. Back when the maximum was 60, urinal actually had skill involved. Now, everyone just stops once they get 40 kills and lets everyone else get to 40. So no, it isn’t really that different. But if the max kpr was restored back to 60, it would be…

(Lexus.) #11

Actually you are right back when the maxinium kills was 60 urinal map had more skill involed. On the other hand limit 40 kills is more fair to players who play a lot of the pit, brawlers burrow and other melee maps(even other small maps like storage yard and storm drain). Honestly i believe that limit 40 kills is probably the best possible solution at the moment. The one compromise could be bring back 60 kills and possibly outlaw classic urinal (1 tie) on the rules with competitive season 1 taking into account some bigger urinal maps for people who like to play these maps.
For example: Hmk Slot 1

Codfish Slot 4

Ford Slot 4

Nauj15 Slot 2

Jennyhardstyle19 Slot2

Ljarn Slot 2

Anyway, i think the idea isn’t realistic. It means a lot of work for Admins and Moderation Team.
Current kills limit is really ok, but from my point of view it isn’t worth to change.

I called it a part of community and i still think that i was right. Bringing back the rank won’t change nothing. Actually if it happened i personally wouldnn’t cry for this reason. Anyway, we need people who will able to play at least a couple times in the week. If even some players bring back after recover their old ranks. Don’t think they will stay long time in SA. No offense just my personal opinion.

I think that it’s really different now. All stats are more fair right now. In the past there were players with for example 40000 and 0 death. Nowadays it’s impossible to achieve stats like this. Alting was always controverisal thing.For me much more controversial than urinal. Because of in urinal map you play with people not other your accounts. I personally have nothing against alting. Actually i believe that old rules wasn’t bad, but abused the rule, so a change was necessary. I have a lot of respect to all people who achieved their ranks int he past fair play. (Doesn’t matter alting or not), but i’ll never have respect for people who even didn’t use their mouse for get some high ranks. ( i mean anti/dc jitbit etc) For me it’s nothings more than fake high rank. Doesn’t matter how good who is in 1v1 etc.

You are right, but i think that’s why because of urinalers are just the busiest group of players. BTW every of us play a lot in other maps either. Our average kills per round even isn’t too high
image image
image image

We don’t choose players to urinal map every person can play if just he want. Ranks and competive season are just part of game based on activity If you want to competing just try to play the most rounds as possible. It’s just a way to achieve high rank or good place in competitive season. If you don’t like urinal you can play other maps for get your kills. There were a lot of people in the past who did over 2000 kills in 1 day without play urinal map.