Greetings fellow stick slayers!
I would like to get your thoughts pertaining to the future direction of Stick Arena tournaments. Think of this as an open thread on the state and future of SA tournaments. You can use this thread to voice your concerns and offer suggestions and feedback.
Some questions/ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Tournament Time: For a long time, tournaments have been hosted at 4:30 PM EST on Sundays. Is this still a good date and time for everyone, or would you prefer it to be changed?
- Asynchronous Tournaments: In addition to regularly-scheduled tournaments, would you also enjoy an asynchronous tournament? In asynchronous tournaments, participants are responsible for setting up matches with their opponents and reporting scores to hosts independently. These tournaments would play out over a longer period of time; I would anticipate an asynchronous tournament taking a few weeks to complete.
- Bracket Type: Do you prefer single-elimination brackets, or double-elimination with a losers’ bracket?
- Maps: The recent tournaments have been heavy in custom maps. Do you like using custom maps for tournaments, or would you prefer a mix of more classic maps?
- Single-Map Tournaments: Would you like to see a tournament where every round was on the same map? For example, XGen HQ tournament, Storage Yard tournament, etc. ?
- Restricted-Entry Tournaments: Every so often, would you be interested in tournaments that cost tournament points to enter? The payoff of such a tournament would be a much larger amount of tournament points, but players who perform poorly would lose tournament points. Would this be something you’re interested in?
- Any other suggestions, comments, or concerns are greatly appreciated!
Looking forward to more tournaments coming soon!!