Making Stick Arena Active Again

I would suggets more map making competitions everyone wants a builder and also putting this game on steam to not only preserve the game but get constant traffic to it as well.

(Ice) #48

Probably have tournaments every now and then with some decent prizes, not like 3,000 credits and 5 day lab-pass for first place, but more bigger. Plus makes it more fun in my own opinion since people who play urinal mostly win the season by urinal-ing, i mean we can do it too but it’s not fun after a while, but a majority of the people who usually play games like Xgen Hq and regular maps. Maybe have a tournament once a month or something, but with more bigger prize should attract more people, possibly, or maybe help with the season. Random opinion lulz

Yah i agree more tourneys and map making competitions would make stick arena og again but i dont know if mods are able to rn or want to setup other ones. It could really help bring competitive interest, especially to some new players and something to work for.
I have looked at the recent featured maps list and it has been sorted out to have the best featured maps but id like a few or prob another 10 to be added to spice up the rotation for lp featured maps. Obviously at this point there are not going to be anymore admin made maps so why not add a few more from players and map makers to the list for the last time.
The prizes that were added for the season aren’t that bad, at least they listened to our suggestion. For the time being (season) they will be keeping urinal but possibly next season i could change to designated maps and no urinal.
Play days more regularly also will help to have players want to come in-game and interact with each other/mods and incentivised games.
Also mentioned before, putting Stickarena on steam would not only help preserve stickarena goat game but it would help alittle about getting new traffic on a super highly populated computer “app”.

(Lexus) #50

Honestly i don’t expect miracles. It’s rather impossible “Making Stick Arena Active Again”, however i have no doubt will bring better times. At least i believe it. Over 50 active players in a week isn’t something what we can’t achieve. What we can do to change current situation?
Some things you can’t hide many people stop playing Stick Arena, because of reset stats. For me it was good idea, but taking into account numbers of players you can’t tell it’s succes. As each of us knows there are 3 types of SA players : a) “tournament players” b) “leaderboard players” c) “maps creators” I think prizes should be smillar for everyone. It would be nice to make tournaments and map making events more official. I don’t know it’s possible, but might be it’s worth to try introduce list like" seasonal leaderdoard" to 2 other types players. It can be good idea if competitve seasons consist of 3 parts. Im all for playdays 3 times in 1 year.
I think most players could be agree with at least 1 tournament and map making event in each season.
I have to admit prizes for cometitive season 4 are great for top 5 players, and reduce leaderbord to top 50 is nice idea, because in this way it’s hard to enter on the list more than 1 acccount. Well, personally i think it isn’t worth to save for lab pass. I was talking with lots SA players, and most of them really was count on fews days lab pass. Cred is good thing like a prize, but it’s lost worthy without lab pass. Unfortunately many people lost the joy of getting kills/ ranks. I don’t blame them, because when ranks are reset every month it’s not point for most players. If just leaderboard was resetting wihtout ranks it would be something else and im pretty sure many people can be come back to us. It could be exclusive goal like old SA days. Urinal maps have a long SA tradition, and i think it should be still allowed. Alternatively can be considered 4 ties like smallest allowed map. Still lots people like this map, and if it was outlaw again, don’t know it could be good for SA.

(Ken) #51

Increasing player activity will always be difficult as long as Stick Arena is still an Adobe Flash based game. Adobe is only going to maintain Flash for a few more years.

At this point the number of lobbies should be reduced to just a few. I also wish the Quick Start games would appear in lobbies like in the past. It just needs to be easier to find the remaining players.